News surrounding the Resident Evil 4 remake was at the forefront of our coverage on Capcom’s recent Resident Evil showcase. The showcase gave us clues about what we could expect from the remake and how it’ll stay true to the original experience. It also gave us hints at how the remake would inject new life into the classic zombie slasher. Now, however, we turn our focus to the more technical aspects of the game as we delve into the Resident Evil 4 remakes PC system requirements.
Below is a list of the minimum requirements for the Resident Evil 4 remake. Should your PC meet these requirements, you’re home-free and can enjoy the game when it launches. If not, you may experience significant performance issues if the game even starts at all. Minimum requirements are in place for a reason.
- First, you’ll require a 64-bit operating system running on a 64-bit processor. 32-bit won’t do in this case.
- Next, you’ll need Windows 10 (64-bit) at least. The specs make no mention of Windows 11, but given that it is a gaming-focused next-gen OS, it should be perfect. Ensure that your OS is up to date.
- In terms of CPU; the minimum requirement calls for the AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or an Intel Core i5 7500.
- You’ll need at least 8 GB of RAM to run the Resident Evil 4 remake.
- In terms of GPU requirements, the lowest that will run the game is an AMD Radeon RX 560 that has 4 GB VRAM or an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4 GB VRAM.
- You’ll also need Direct X version 12 installed on your PC.
- The game requires a broadband internet connection.
Now, we’ll move on to the recommended requirements. These are the best-case scenario for this game. If you have this setup, you shouldn’t experience any issues.
- The OS requirements remain the same here.
- In terms of CPU, you’ll want something equivalent to an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 or an Intel Core i7 8700.
- The optimal GPU setup to have is an AMD Radeon RX 5700 or an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.
- The optimal memory availability is anything above 16 GB RAM.
- You’ll still need version 12 of Direct X.
- Broadband internet connection is non-negotiable.
If you intend to reap the benefits of ray tracing and even more intense graphics, your setup will need to be higher-spec. In particular, you’ll need at least an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 or AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics processing unit. However, an RTX 3050 would be even better.